My first knit hat! Okay, I’m just kidding. I didn’t start knitting until I was in college and would guess that this hat was knit by my great-grandmother (aka Grandmom).
As you know from my last post, I’m all about knitting hats and things with bulky yarn for holiday gifts right now. I have no doubt that Santa and his Elves are also employing this same strategy. And, you might be too considering there are only 16 days until Christmas (!!!).
So, in case your fingers are looking for some cast-on inspiration, here are a few of my favorite knit hats (in addition to the one pictured above, of course — even though I don’t exactly know who made it nor do I know where it is):
- Ruche Beret — using Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino
- Striped Hat — using Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes
- Cabled Slouch Hat — using Blue Sky Alpacas Sport Weight or Melange
- Roman Floor Hat — using Berroco Peruvia
- Reversible Hat — using Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes
- Beluga and Firefly Hat — using Spud & Chloe Sweater
- Two Button Hat — using Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyes
- Chili Pepper Hat — using Spud & Chloe Fine
Patterns (with the exception of #1 and 4) and yarn are available for purchase in the Home Made shop.
Happy Holiday Knitting!