Well, the shop is back open today and I’m feelin’ all refreshed after my little break. (: While I did do some work on my vacation (and it mostly involved painting), I made sure I got away for a few days–because, a stay-cation in the house you live/work in plus painting indoors and outdoors does NOT equal a vacation. Word.
Where did I go? I went camping on Martha’s Vineyard! Have you been?
It was so beautiful, relaxing, and soggy (with 4 days and 3 nights of intermittent sun, mist, and torrential downpour that can surely test the outdoorsy-ness of a former city gal who is unaccustomed to having only a tent as protection from the elements). I brought my bike but sadly, hardly used it.
My favorite parts of the trip would probably have to be the ferry ride to and from Woods Hole to Martha’s Vineyard (because who doesn’t love a ferry?!), trying swordfish for the first time (because I am in the process of incorporating fish into my diet and found it surprisingly edible),and visiting the old fishing village of Menemsha (where parts of the movie Jaws was set, but since I’ve never seen the movie I didn’t know any better).
And, because you can’t go a 13 hour round trip drive without some good music, here’s a sampling of my Road Trip Playlist. Enjoy!
1. Woman King by Iron & Wine
2. Everlasting Light by The Black Keys
3. Egg on Sea by Cotton Jones
4. We Used to Wait by Arcade Fire
5. While You Wait for the Others by Grizzly Bear
6. What is Life by George Harrison
7. Down Beside ‘Em by Cotton Jones
8. Simple Girl by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
9. Northern Lights by Bowerbirds
10. Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles